CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

relaxen

Friday, November 28, 2008

OK folks, I am home! Wow. Let me just say when woke up in recovery.....well, a mac truck hitting me would have felt better. My surgery was set for 730 AM Wednesday, and I think I went back pretty close to that. When I woke up, I felt like shit! My back was killing me, my throat was like sandpaper, and I was fitted with a catheter that made me feel like I had to pee every 5 seconds. Oh, and I was starving. My first nurse was Pat, and she was a BITCH! Every time I would push the red button, it would take her 30-40 minutes to come to my room. She would not remove my catheter, would not let me get out of bed, would not let me have ANYTHING other than ice chips, and the pad she "put on me" was just shoved between my legs, I didn't even have underwear on! Needless to say at 3 when Veronica came on I was much happier. I wrestled with nausea the rest of the day. Every time I sat up too quick I would vomit. Veronica hooked some phenegrin to my IV, and I felt much better. Thursday morning my nurse Shannon brought me some cereal to tide me over until breakfast came. I was able to keep it down! During the night, Noelle (overninght nurse) took my cath out, and had already been to the bathroom 3 times! yippie! Plus, they had given me some undies to put my pad in! Never had I been so excited for panties. I am home comfy, but pooped. I am going to go nap. I will post more soon! TTFN

0 comments: