CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

relaxen

Friday, November 7, 2008

OK, so day 2. I read lots of cool info on the blog of "I kicked cancers ass", which was part of my reason for starting this blog. On September 5th, I had my yearly girly exam. No big deal. a week later, I get a phone call from the nurse. The pathologist said my cells weren't abnormal, but they weren't normal either, so they went ahead and tested me for HPV, and it came back positive. Now I needed to come in for a Colposcopy. This showed that my cells were "questionable" though my gyno didn't feel concerned with what he saw. So next, I was scheduled for a Cone Biopsy. On my husbands birthday, October 20th, I had the procedure. I was told everything went well, and sent home with pain meds. By Wednesday morning, my gyno called me. His first question was how in love was I with my uterus. I not only showed squamous cells, but also glandular dysplasia. According to my Doc, this was very rare. Leave it to me to screw up good! So here I sit with a ton of questions and an appointment on Monday to ask and schedule my gutting/hysterectomy. I am a normal person, so I am dealing with the normal feelings. Confused, scared, unshaken, stressed, calm, ect. Stay tuned..........

0 comments: