CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

relaxen

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So today was pretty much quiet, thank god. I started out this morning by going to to the Central Virginia Food Bank. Every year, they have a "Pack a Thon". Teams from local businesses come in and compete to see how many lbs of food they can sort, box, and place on pallets in a 2 hr time frame. I competed 2 years ago, and would have last year had I not already had my Vegas trip planned. This year, we boxed just over 6000 lbs! It averaged out to 553lbs per person! We did a great job, and I am sure the Phillip Morris teams will win again this year, but that isn't why I do it. My mom, who I can't afford to help, receives donations from a local church, and I see how grateful she is for the help. I know that especially with our current economy, it could just as easily be my family needing the help. If I can get in there and help in even the smallest measure, I have done something! Also, it is good to see people from all different departments at work come together for a good cause. I am extremely tired now from it, but at least I wasn't one of the ones walking around holding my back this afternoon! I am going to bed, more tomorrow! Hopefully I will get a call to schedule my surgery! Cross your fingers..................

0 comments: